Elektra ART.SX MicroCasa SemiAutomatica Espresso Machine -Copper and Brass
The Elektra SemiAutomatica machine makes a definite case for seamless quality espresso making. It does not require any further assembly beyond the attachment of the steam wand. Three nifty red buttons are set at the base, including the power, coffee brew, and boiler refill switches. For crafting the most flavorful espresso beverages, a heat exchanger system with the correct temperature is built within the machine. Utmost convenience is equally ensured with the automatic pressure and temperature regulator coupled with a knob-controlled steam valve for easy switch on and offs.
- Warranty: 2-year parts and labor provided by My Espresso Shop
- Bakelite handle on portafilter - wooden handle, as shown, is no longer available on this model
- Three red switches - power, coffee brew, & boiler refill
- Brass eagle situated on dome with wings up
- Large, round base with 10" diameter for stability of unit on countertop
- Water level sight glass with pressure gauge
- Pump-operated to deliver water to grouphead and to refill boiler
- Heat exchanger system with proper temperature to extract the most flavorful espresso beverages
- Only assembly required is the attachment of the steam wand
- Manual water refill switch for boiler
- Boiler pressure relief valve for safety
- Durable brass boiler that provides very dry steam for frothing milk
- Extended steam wand away from boiler
- Twist knob-controlled steam valve for quick turn on and offs!
- Three-way solenoid valve to relieve pressure in grouphead when finished extracting espresso to avoid "espresso explosion" when removing the portafilter handle
- Top loading water basin for easy refill and for continuous water delivery (manual switch by operator) so machine does not have to be shut down like hand lever models
- Armour-plated, 800-watt heating element
- Automatic pressure/temperature regulator
Return Eligibility: As with all Elektra products, please note the following Return Policy for this item.
- Power: 110 volts only, 60 Hz, 15 Amp
- Boiler Capacity: 67 ounce (2.0 liters) approximate
- Measurements: 23" H x 10" W x 10" D (58cm H x 26cm W x 26cm D)
- Filter basket size: 58mm
- Manufactured in Treviso, Italy
Warranty Note: Please note that it is very important to use 'softened water' in these machines, as well as all espresso machines. Hard water will cause these machines to malfunction, and Elektra will not cover the parts warranty due to hard water. In addition, it is extremely important to run the Semiautomatica machines with water at least 25% full in the sight glass. Running these models with a water level lower than this can cause heating element damage which will not be covered under warranty as this is not a manufacturer's defect. If you return the unit with a damaged heating element, you will be charged for the repair, and the repair charge will be deducted from the credit.
- The exterior color, which includes a clear coat finish, will naturally change as each Elektra machine ages. The inside of the water reservoir will discolor with the use of hard water (high in magnesium and/or calcium) or distilled/purified water. These items would not be covered under warranty as they are not considered manufacturer's defects.
- The water in the boiler is not used to make coffee. The water to make coffee comes directly from the reservoir and passes through a pipe in the bottom boiler for flash heating. If cold water passes through this pipe, the change in temperature will cause the boiler water (sight glass) to fluctuate. The only time the water level in the sight glass should change is when
a) the steamer is used and the water level drops, or
b) the red button on the left-hand side of the base is depressed and held to refill the boiler.
- There is a safety feature on this machine when water is not pumped into the boiler on initial startup. If this isn't performed correctly, the safety kicks off and the machine will have to be reset. On the bottom of the machine underneath the yellow cap there is a reset button for the safety thermostat.
- Paint remover can be used to remove the paint from copper and brass parts. Elektra uses varnish to paint the parts.
- To learn more about this espresso machine, read Home-Barista.com's Buyer's Guide to the Elektra Microcasa Semiautomatica.
This machine is for home use only.
CAUTION: ALL SURFACES ARE HOT AND CAN CAUSE BURNS
- Assembly Required: Eagle needs to be attached to dome by owner
Warning: Before plugging the machine's electrical cord into the electrical outlet, please make sure the power switch is in the 'O" (visible) for off position. Fill the top water reservoir before powering on the machine via the power switch. It is important to depress and hold the boiler refill switch on the left side of the machine immediately after powering up the first time. The sight glass needs to fill up to the 75% full mark before releasing the boiler refill switch. The sight glass needs to be filled a minimum of 25% at all times during the operation to avoid damage to the machine.
My Espresso Shop's Price Match Guarantee
We work very hard to ensure that we offer the absolute best prices online. If you find another online store that offers a lower price then us within 30 days of your purchase date please let us know and we will refund your original payment for the difference. We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering.
To request your partial refund, email us a link to the same product on our website, or on our competitor's website within 30 days from the date of your order and we will process the credit accordingly.
Note: In order to be eligible for My Espresso Shop's price match guarantee, you must have purchased your product from our website before requesting your partial refund, and the website can not be an auction-based or "discounter" website, such as Overstock or Ebay.
My Espresso Shop's Warranty
My Espresso Shop offers a one year warranty unless otherwise noted. Please see individual product pages for warranty lengths. Our warranty is provided by the manufacturer or distributor, depending on the brand. Please contact us if you have a warranty-related issue, and we will make the appropriate arrangements. Our warranty for home/domestic machines included parts and labor limited to manufacturer's defects (unless otherwise noted). Warranty for machines used for commercial purposes includes parts only limited to manufacturer's defects - this means that labor to make the repair is not covered under warranty (unless a labor warranty is purchased or provided). Our warranty period begins at the free on board shipping point, which means that the buyer takes ownership once the product leaves our shipping location.
You read that correctly! My Espresso Shop provides 100% free shipping on all of our Espressos Machines and Grinders. (Policy applies to products shipped to the 48 Continental U.S. States)
My Espresso Shop charges sales tax based on the state of your order billing information.
International shipping is certainly available in some cases dependent on brand, but shipping terms vary from country to country. The team at My Espresso Shop takes pride in quality customer service and making your shopping experience as easy as possible. If you are ordering your product from a country other than the United States, please email us at Info@MyEspressoShop.com and our team will do our absolute best to get you the fastest shipping and lowest shipping price available if possible.
Once your order is placed, you will receive an order confirmation email. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. As soon as we receive your order, we automatically reach out to our suppliers to confirm that it is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on backorder or unavailable, we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail. If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days), we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment.
If your product is in stock and we process the charges to your credit card, it will typically ship within two-three business days from the date of your order. We will send you tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address you provided when checking out. If you do not receive tracking information from us within three business days of your order, please feel free to follow up with us at Info@MyEspressoShop.com. Most shipping is sent via FedEx, UPS, or USPS, and the product will arrive 3-5 days after leaving the distribution warehouse. For commercial or larger products, some shipping will be placed via freight. In those cases, shipping times will be longer than our standard 3-5 days.