ECM Germany Barista Commercial Espresso Machine - switchable tank / direct connect, rotary pump
LIMITED-TIME BONUS OFFER! Order this ECM Espresso Machine and receive a $50 Amazon gift card! Completely free, no questions asked.
Extraordinary and extravagant design found in this octagonal stainless steel body - this style icon will be an eye-catcher in any kitchen. This hand-crafted professional model is for those who wish for the highest demands and absolute espresso pleasure.
The Barista by ECM differs from the higher-priced Technika in that the Technika has wider and refined body panels, upgraded portafilters, and joystick controls for the steam/hot water valves - all of which ultimately cost more to produce. However, this is still a fine model to consider.
- Solid chrome plated ECM (Faema E61 style) brewing group with small lever action control to start and stop the espresso extraction. The switch that is engaged by the lever is of high quality, as well.
- The lever on the grouphead allows the operator to pre-infuse the coffee with water from the heat exchanger. Please note that 'true' pre-infusion requires a direct water connection (not possible on this machine) whereby the water pressure from the water line creates the 'true' pre-infusion. Therefore, this machine has passive pre-infusion in that the lever can be actuated tot he 45 degree angle and the steam pressure in the heat exchanger will force a pre-soak of the coffee grinds.
- With the heat exchanger/thermosyphon system, only fresh water from the water tank is used for the espresso extraction. The water in the heat exchanger flows to and from the grouphead.
- Body made of polished stainless steel.
- Compact construction with high-quality and thick walled STAINLESS STEEL BOILER. The larger the boiler, the more steaming capacity the user has for entertaining and superior temperature stability over machines with smaller boilers. The end flanges are also made of stainless steel.
- High quality heating element produced with a stainless steel flange (part which connects to boiler).
- Boiler safety valve on top of boiler opens if the boiler goes into overpressure - usually due to calcification of the pressurestat pipe.
Quiet rotary vane pump with internal adjustment screw.
- The best in class overpressure valve (OPV) to release excessive brew pressure.
- Magnetic float in water reservoir will power off heating element when water level is low.
Full size Sirai pressurestat properly configured vertical and away from boiler top.
Dual safety thermostats in case one fails during a potential overpressure situation.
- Dual gauges are offer greater visible at top and not hidden near bottom of front panel. There is one gauge for pump/extraction pressure, and one gauge for steam pressure.
- Portafilter holder made of solid brass and plastic handle with ability to hold 58mm type baskets.
- Removable drip tray and grate made of polished stainless steel.
- Removable water reservoir should be manually cleaned every two weeks with non-abrasive dishwasher detergent.
- Multi-directional steam and hot water wands can be moved in multiple directions.
- Grips on wands to protect hands from heat while full size steam wand allows greater steam power over no-burn wands.
- The highest quality, Gicar name brand, electronic brain unit situated internally near bottom of unit away from heat refills water to the boiler after steam or hot water is dispensed.
- Low profile black feet allow lowest height capability.
- Removable cup warm tray has nice high rails so cups do not slide off when removing. Please remember to tilt back when removing so the cups do not slide forward.
- The espresso extraction, frothed milk, and hot water can be dispensed simultaneously.
- Accessories: Single spout 58mm portafilter with single cup filter basket, dual spout 58mm portafilter with double cup filter basket, plastic tamper, plastic measuring scoop, blind filter basket, backflush detergent, and instructional manual.
- Engineering design in Germany and made in Milan, Italy.
Details and Specifications:
Measurements: 16" H x 12.99" W x 16.73" D (41 cm H x 33 cm W x 42.5 cm D)
Height without rails: 14.25" (36.2 cm)
Weight: 48.5 pounds (22 kilograms)
Power: 1200 watts, 115 volts, 60 hertz
Water tank capacity: 0.79 gallons (3 liters)
Boiler capacity: 2.1 liters
My Espresso Shop's Price Match Guarantee
We work very hard to ensure that we offer the absolute best prices online. If you find another online store that offers a lower price then us within six months of your purchase date please let us know and we will refund your original payment for the difference. We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering.
To request your partial refund, email us a link to the same product on our website, or on our competitor's website within six months from the date of your order and we will process the credit accordingly.
Note: In order to be eligible for My Espresso Shop's price match guarantee, you must have purchased your product from our website before requesting your partial refund, and the website can not be an auction-based or "discounter" website, such as Overstock or Ebay.
My Espresso Shop's Warranty
My Espresso Shop offers a one year warranty unless otherwise noted. Please see individual product pages for warranty lengths. Our warranty is provided by the manufacturer or distributor, depending on the brand. Please contact us if you have a warranty-related issue, and we will make the appropriate arrangements. Our warranty for home/domestic machines included parts and labor limited to manufacturer's defects (unless otherwise noted). Warranty for machines used for commercial purposes includes parts only limited to manufacturer's defects - this means that labor to make the repair is not covered under warranty (unless a labor warranty is purchased or provided). Our warranty period begins at the free on board shipping point, which means that the buyer takes ownership once the product leaves our shipping location.
You read that correctly! My Espresso Shop provides 100% free shipping on all of our Espressos Machines and Grinders. (Policy applies to products shipped to the 48 Continental U.S. States)
No Sales Tax:
My Espresso Shop charges no Sales Tax on any of our products! (Policy excludes products purchased in the State of New York. Sorry to our New York friends, but we must follow the law!)
International shipping is certainly available, but shipping terms vary from country to country. The team at My Espresso Shop takes pride in quality customer service and making your shopping experience as easy as possible. If you are ordering your product from a country other than the United States, please contact us 212-271-0072 or at Orders@MyEspressoShop.com and our team will do our absolute best to get you the fastest shipping and lowest shipping price available!
Once your order is placed, you will receive an order confirmation email. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. As soon as we receive your order, we automatically reach out to our suppliers to confirm that it is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on backorder or unavailable, we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail. If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days), we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment.
If your product is in stock and we process the charges to your credit card, it will ship within two business days from the date of your order. We will send you tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address you provided when checking out. If you do not receive tracking information from us within three business days of your order, please feel free to follow up with us at Orders@MyEspressoShop.com.